3729 South Hickory Ridge Mall
Memphis, TN 38115
NAMI Memphis is a grassroots, self-help organization dedicated to improving quality of life for individuals with mental illness, their families and communities. Our mission is accomplished through mutual support, education, and advocacy by:
- Providing family education and support.
- Serving as an information resource and referral center.
- Monitoring existing mental health care facilities and programs for adequacy and accountability.
- Educating mental health professionals about the lived experience of mental illness from the perspective of family members and consumers.
- Promoting legislation based on NAMI’s advocacy agenda.
- Educating the public about the extent of mental illness, its impact on families and individuals, and recognizing the contributions consumers make to society.
- Advocating for quality institutional and non-institutional care and recovery oriented individualized treatment for people living with mental illness.
- Promoting community support, including appropriate housing linked with social and vocational rehabilitation, and employment programs.
- Promoting research (preventative, alternative treatments, rehabilitation, and cure).
- Connecting with other mental health advocacy organizations and providers.
- Promoting adequate funding for mental health care facilities and services, treatment, residential, and research programs.
- Soliciting and receiving funds in support of all of the above.