Your web browser is out of date. Update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.

Update your browser

Child Support

Children have the right to be financially supported by both parents.

Department of Human Services

Each state has a child support program to help collect child support. In Tennessee, the Department of Human Services (DHS) is in charge of the child support program.  DHS helps parents and legal guardians get financial and medical support for their child/ren.

DHS can also help you:

  • Get a new child support order,
  • Change a child support order you have now,
  • Enforce that order,
  • Establish paternity, and
  • Find a missing parent.

The DHS website has lots of information and tools:

Child support resources (other than DHS):

Important! Court employees are not allowed to make referrals to lawyers, do legal research, or give legal advice.